Abhijeet Dipke, founder of the satirical Cockroach Janta Party (CJP), on Saturday alleged that the outfit was facing a coordinated crackdown after losing access to multiple social media platforms following takedowns and alleged hacking attempts.
In a post on X, Dipke claimed that both the organisation’s official accounts and his personal Instagram profile had been compromised. The allegations come two days after the CJP’s X account was withheld in India, prompting the creation of a backup handle by the group. Detailing what he described as action against the movement, Abhijeet Dipke said the party had effectively been locked out of its digital presence. “Crackdown on Cockroach Janta Party. Instagram page hacked. My personal Instagram hacked. Twitter account withheld. Back-up account also taken down,” he wrote on X.
He further cautioned supporters against trusting any content published through accounts claiming to represent the organisation. “Please note that we currently do not have access to any of our platforms. Any post made after this should not be considered an official statement from the Cockroach Janta Party,” Abhijeet Dipke said.
The group’s website, cockroachjantaparty.org, was also inaccessible on Saturday, adding to concerns raised by the outfit over what it termed a wider clampdown. Dipke suggested that the alleged action against the CJP was linked to its recent campaign demanding accountability over the NEET-UG 2026 paper leak and criticism of Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
On Friday, the group launched an online campaign calling for Dharmendra Pradhan’s resignation over what it described as systemic failures in the education system. “Action should have been taken against the Education Minister for the paper leak. For the student who lost his life due to the government’s failure. But in New India, action is being taken against the Cockroach Janta Party for demanding accountability,” Abhijeet Dipke said. Later on Friday, the CJP founder also alleged that he had begun receiving death threats and shared screenshots of messages he claimed were sent to him.
Despite the setbacks, the group’s backup X account, ‘Cockroach is Back’, claimed the movement was continuing to expand. In one post, the account said the organisation had crossed the milestone of “one million registered Cockroaches” on its website in under a week. “The movement keeps getting bigger despite all the crackdown!” the post read.
Another message posted at 8.25 a.m. claimed the CJP’s official Instagram account had been hacked and access had been lost. Earlier in the morning, the handle also distanced itself from calls for public demonstrations, urging supporters to remain peaceful. “The Cockroach Janta Party has not given any such call. The government is just waiting for one mishap to demonise the entire movement. We request all cockroaches to remain peaceful and careful,” the account stated.
The Cockroach Janta Party emerged last week amid controversy surrounding remarks attributed to the Chief Justice of India during a court hearing and quickly gained traction online through memes, satire and political commentary. The movement has largely focused on issues including unemployment, examination paper leaks and concerns around education governance. The decision to withhold the group’s X account in India also drew criticism from the Internet Freedom Foundation, which reportedly described the move as a misuse of state power.
